Effective from 10 August 2014
While we like to have a bit of fun here at ActionAdventureBooks.com, we take privacy seriously and recognize that privacy of your personal information is important.
But first, here are a few important notes:
- Please rest assured, we will never trade, rent or sell your personal information to third parties without your consent
- The Site contains links to other websites. When you access another website, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each website you visit to help ensure that you understand and agree with its policies
- While this Site does include books that have been written for junior readers, the majority of the books featured have been written for an adult audience. We expect that users of this Site will be adults and do not direct any of our content specifically to children. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account
- The Site has security measures in place to help prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you. However, we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse or alteration, and you understand and agree that we are not liable for any loss you may suffer arising from or connected with such loss, misuse, or alteration
- You have no obligation to provide any information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the products, services or offer functionality that depend on the collection of that information
Read on to learn what information we receive and collect and how that information is used.
2. What information do we collect and hold?
In operating the Site, we may include newsletters, online commenting areas, and other online forms that ask you to provide your name, e-mail address, and other contact information.
We may also gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
3. How is personal information used?
We use the information you provide us to provide you with the services we offer, to provide a more personalised experience, to provide you with information and to let you know about upcoming services, events and offers.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you may opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each communication or by contacting us as described at part 6 below.
In addition to information you provide us, we use anonymous information to:
- analyse Site traffic
- identify problems with our server and other systems
- administer the Site and our associated offerings
- display content in accordance with your preferences
4. To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose personal information to individuals, corporations, organisations or governmental authorities, but only with your consent, or if we are required or permitted to do so by law.
We may also share Site traffic and transaction information with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
You understand and agree that your information may be passed to and stored by a third party that operates outside of your country. For example a web hosting company or an email provider such as Mailchimp or Aweber.
You also understand and agree that if we sell all, or a substantial part, of the Site, we may, as part of such a transaction, transfer to the buyer information collected through this Site (including your user information).
5. User generated content
The Site may include areas and functionality that enables you and other users to provide or upload your own content (such as webinars, messaging and commenting). Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information as any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage you may suffer arising from content you generate on the Site.
6. Updating and removing your personal information
If you have any questions about this policy or our privacy practices, or if you would like your information updated or removed from our database, please contact us at:
Privacy at actionadventurebooks dot com.
Please note: To make sure that any request to update or remove your personal information is genuine, we may ask you for proof of identity and may decline a request if we are not satisfied that it is in fact you that has made the request.